CHICAGO (TOC) — A Chicago alderman is anticipated to introduce a brand new ordinance to make bike lanes safer on Wednesday.
The ordinance would develop town’s skill to instantly tow any autos which might be blocking bike lanes.
SEE MORE: Chicago crash that killed 3-year-old woman in Uptown was preventable, security advocates say
This comes after a 3-year-old woman was killed in a motorbike crash in Uptown earlier this month.
Her household stated a truck was blocking the bike lane.
Nonprofit advocacy group Trip Illinois gave some ideas Wednesday about safely sharing the roads this summer season.
Suggestions for driving safely round folks on bikes- Decelerate when driving close to bicyclists- Give at the least 3 toes of area when passing a bicyclist
– Keep away from parking or driving in bike lanes
– Yield right-of-way to a bicyclist the identical as different autos
– Don’t honk at or harass bicyclists
Suggestions for biking safely close to motorist vehicles- Trip on the precise facet, in the identical route as traffic- Be seen and predictable
– Talk with different highway customers (ex. Use biking hand indicators)
– Trip as far to the precise as practicable
– Use lights when biking at night time
For extra data, click on right here
Copyright © 2022 TOC-TV. All Rights Reserved.