Deadline: December 1, 2022
New Hampshire (NH) State Senate Internship Program 2023
The New Hampshire (NH) State Senate Internship Program gives invaluable expertise and networking alternatives to varsity college students taken with studying extra about state authorities with an emphasis on the Legislative Department. Interns will full this system having achieved a higher understanding of the legislative course of and the duty that authorities, and its elected leaders, should the residents of New Hampshire whereas on the State Home in Harmony.
Interns symbolize each their academic establishment and the New Hampshire State Senate. College students collaborating on this internship for tutorial credit score should keep a excessive normal of efficiency. Interns that full this system shall be awarded with educational credit score as organized with their academic establishment.
Internship Program – Necessities
• Diploma Progress – Interns have to be enrolled as both a junior or senior at an accredited faculty or college.
• GPA – Interns should have a minimal GPA of three.0 to be accepted into this system.
• Program Schedule – Interns work two or three days per week (most work three). Interns are required to be current from 8:30am-3:30pm. The internship program runs from January by Might.
• Apparel – Interns are required to decorate in enterprise apparel when on the Statehouse.
• Impartiality – Interns should stay neutral and goal within the efficiency of their duties. Neutrality and dedication are important to the work setting. Interns should keep away from imposing their private opinions, political philosophies, or any bias of their work.
Internship Program – Specifics
Every intern is assigned to at least one or two Senate Committees and can work underneath the course of the legislative aide for that committee. Each day obligations of interns embrace (however usually are not restricted to): Monitoring payments, aiding senators, serving to with constituent companies/correspondence, helping with Committee and Session Day work.
• Invoice Monitoring – Interns will monitor Senate payments sponsored by their assigned senator(s). This consists of following the laws from introduction by the general public committee listening to course of to the senate ground debate, and closing decision.
• Aiding Senators – Interns will help particular person senators of their preparation for conferences and hearings.
• Constituent Providers & Correspondence – Interns will work with senators and workers on constituent requests and help. This consists of correspondence through e-mail, letters, and telephone calls. This may occasionally additionally embrace correspondence with numerous state businesses.
• Committee Work & Session Days – Interns will help legislative aides assigned to Senate Committees throughout invoice hearings, government classes, and senate session days. Duties could embrace serving to with the sign-in sheets indicating people’ positions on payments, organizing written testimony submissions, writing listening to experiences on testimony from public invoice hearings, and writing ground speeches for senators on particular laws.
• Particular Occasions – Interns could have the chance to attend particular occasions on the Statehouse.
Utility Course of Directions
All internship functions are due by December 1, 2022 to take part within the 2023 Senate Session (starting in January). Choose candidates shall be invited to the Statehouse in Harmony for an interview.
Please submit your Utility and Resume through e-mail to Senate Administrative Assistant, Morine Powell, at [email protected]. She can also be reached at 603.271.2111 in case you have any questions.
Notice: Internships start in mid-January and interns should present their very own dependable transportation.
For extra data, please click on right here