La Grange police rescue woman from house fire likely sparked by gas leak

La Grange police rescue woman from house fire likely sparked by gas leak

LA GRANGE, In poor health. (TOC) — Cops rescued a girl in her 90s, who was trapped inside a southwest suburban La Grange dwelling after a fireplace broke out.

Officers mentioned the hearth broke out simply earlier than 11 p.m., filling the house within the 300-block of South Catherine Avenue with smoke.

Police arrived first to the scene and rapidly pulled the lady to security from the second flooring.

RELATED: Chicago’s ‘Strolling Man’ lit on fireplace whereas sleeping on avenue downtown, police supply says

“One thing occurred, sure, with the range, and that ignited, and they also had been in a position to extinguish that, however the police, I believe, got here in first and pulled my mother out first earlier than the hearth division was even right here,” mentioned James Speir, the lady’s son.

The girl was handled on the scene for smoke inhalation and brought to Lagrange Memorial Hospital.

Officers consider a gasoline leak sparked the flames.

Copyright © 2022 TOC-TV. All Rights Reserved.

About Muji Sakawari

Check Also

Chicago crime: 3 in custody after 2 attacked in Lakeview

Chicago crime: 3 in custody after 2 attacked in Lakeview

CHICAGO (TOC) -- A bunch of three robbers attacked and stole from two victims in Lakeview Wednesday morning, Chicago police mentioned.A 46-year-old man was within the 900-block of West Belmont [...]