It was a story of fireside and ice.
A Mexican TikTokkker recounted the painful story of how she tried to eat a popsicle to chill off — and ended up getting severely burned. A clip detailing her unorthodox freezer-burn presently boasts over 13.3 million views on TikTok.
“I awoke the subsequent morning fully swollen,” the poor lady named Maria Cadena, 27, from Puebla, instructed Jam Press of the freak frozen deal with accident, which occurred in Could at an outside competition in Mexico Metropolis.
As a result of sweltering temperatures, the digital marketer had purchased a popsicle to chill off, however ended up getting her mouth caught on it a la “A Christmas Story,” the outlet reported.
“I researched and located that ice sticks to the pores and skin as a result of temperature shock between the pores and skin and the popsicle,” defined Cadena. Though the festival-goer discovered her adhesive mishap peculiar as she was “the one one who ordered a taro-flavored lollipop and all my pals ate theirs with out getting caught.”
Cadena seemingly suffered from an ice burn, which happens after coming into contact with one thing that’s been chilly for a really very long time.Jam Press/@marinacaze
“Properly as we speak we had been in a position to find out how harmful it’s to eat an ice popsicle,” quipped one TikTok commenter.Jam Press/@marinacaze
Issues snowballed after Cadena completed the ice come out of thirst, whereupon she felt her lips “getting lips getting infected inside.”
Within the accompanying clip, the TikTokker might be seen pointing to her backside lip, which is blanketed in blisters. Cadena additionally pantomimes biting the popsicle and even shares a photograph of the frozen deal with caught to her backside lip.
At one level, she even factors to a nonetheless shot of the male vendor who allegedly gave her the defective frozen deal with.
Cardena’s father, who’s a health care provider, was in a position to alleviate her freezerburn. Jam Press/@marinacaze
“I researched and located that ice sticks to the pores and skin as a result of temperature shock between the pores and skin and the popsicle,” defined Cadena. Jam Press/@marinacaze
Oblivious to her state of affairs, Cadena’s pals laughed and made jokes, earlier than an understanding feminine samaritan stepped into to try to treatment her peculiar “frostbite” with a tequila shot, per the clip.
Sadly, this makeshift frozen margarita solely served to burn her pores and skin much more. The clip concludes with a morning-after pic of Cadena’s lips, which have swelled as much as twice their earlier measurement and sprouted tons of blisters.
For sure, TikTok sympathized with the poor gal’s unlucky ice-capade.
“Ouch,” mentioned one fan, whereas one other wrote, “the identical factor occurred to my sister.”
The popsicle adhered to Cadena’s decrease lip.Jam Press/@marinacaze
“It occurred to me but it surely received caught on my tongue, they put them in dry ice that’s why it has that impact, it’s horrible,” defined one commiserator.
One armchair doctor suggested: “Bepanthen cream is nice to revive the pores and skin and ache, hope you get better very quickly.”
“Properly as we speak we had been in a position to find out how harmful it’s to eat an ice popsicle,” quipped one other commenter.
Oblivious to her state of affairs, Cadena’s pals laughed and made jokes, earlier than an understanding feminine samaritan stepped into to try to treatment her peculiar “frostbite” with a tequila shot.Jam Press/@marinacaze
It’s seemingly that Cadena suffered from an ice burn, which happens when one’s “pores and skin comes into direct contact with ice or one thing else that’s very chilly for an prolonged time period,” Healthline reported.
“An ice burn usually appears like different forms of burns, like sunburns,” they wrote. “You may discover a change within the coloration of the affected pores and skin. For instance, it would seem shiny crimson. It may also flip a white or yellowish-gray coloration.”
Cadena’s lips swelled to twice the conventional measurement and sprouted blisters.Jam Press/@marinacaze
Cadena has since issued a PSA to ice cream lovers warning them of doubtless lip-blistering popsicles.Jam Press/@marinacaze
Fortunately, Cardena’s father, who’s a health care provider, was in a position to alleviate her freezer burn.
“He prescribed me a particular cream for the burn and instructed me to maintain the world clear, moisturized and to eat rigorously,” the grateful gal described.
She hopes to make use of her plight as a cautionary story to assist others keep away from struggling the identical icy destiny.
“Since this has occurred to me, I’ve seen so many related circumstances,” Cadena suggested. “Watch out when shopping for popsicles and ensure they aren’t too frozen.”
She added, “In the event that they stick with the palette [or mouth] use water to detach, not alcohol.”