Deadline: November 30, 2022
Hispanic Federation (HF) Spring 2023 Federal Coverage Internship Washington D.C.
Hispanic Federation (HF) is in search of two interns who shall be based mostly within the Washington DC workplace, to assist the federal coverage workforce and study extra in regards to the function of federal advocacy, coverage, and politics. This internship is good for somebody with wonderful writing, analysis, and organizational abilities, and a robust curiosity in coverage and politics on the federal stage. The federal coverage interns will present direct administrative assist to the Vice President of Federal Coverage and the Public Coverage Supervisor. HF federal coverage interns will achieve substantial publicity to HF precedence coverage points and expertise in legislative monitoring, evaluation, advocacy methods, and politics.
Monitor coverage points, advocacy, and lobbying exercise
Keep numerous Hispanic Federation databases and web sites, making certain all knowledge and knowledge collected is correct and updated
Help the DC workplace with numerous administrative duties and assignments together with aiding with advocacy occasions and conferences
Attend coalition conferences, calls, and occasions on behalf of Hispanic Federation
Conduct analysis on federal coverage proposals and laws; synthesize into accessible data for truth sheets, inner coverage briefings, social media, and so on.
Could draft, edit, and evaluation sections of experiences, congressional letters, and different written supplies produced by the Vice President of Federal Coverage and the Public Coverage Supervisor
Rising junior or senior undergraduate pupil enrolled in political science, worldwide relations,environmental sciences, sociology, or associated subject, with:
• Sturdy oral and written communication abilities
• Wonderful analysis, writing, and organizational abilities with robust consideration to element
• Sturdy curiosity in federal coverage points affecting Latino communities
• Capability to investigate, analysis, and synthesize coverage
• Capability and eagerness to shortly rise up to hurry on policy-related points
• Proficiency in Microsoft Workplace and Google platforms
• Skilled demeanor
• Capability to work independently and with a workforce
• Capability to multitask and work in a fast-paced atmosphere
• Fluency in Spanish, together with the power to learn, converse, and write is a plus
• Expertise in social media platforms or utilizing social media for advocacy can be a plus
• Sturdy dedication to the mission of the Hispanic Federation is required
• All HF interns should be capable of present proof of vaccination for COVID-19.
That is an 18-week internship, starting the week of January 9, 2023, and ending the week of Could 12, 2023. This can be a hybrid place and would require weekly onsite presence. Candidates have to be out there to work 18 weeks, for no less than 25 hours every week, however not more than 30 hours per week, and in a position to work onsite in HF’s DC workplace a most of two days per week.
Interns are paid $16.10 per hour and function part-time, momentary workers. Short-term workers should not eligible for advantages.
COVID-19 Vaccination Necessities
HF will adhere to all native, state, and federal vaccine necessities. HF requires vaccination towards COVID-19 for all workers. Affordable lodging based mostly on a qualifying incapacity, medical necessity, or spiritual perception in accordance with relevant legislation shall be thought-about. Requests for lodging must be submitted to Human Sources at [email protected].
Methods to Apply – Hispanic Federation (HF) Spring 2023 Federal Coverage Internship Washington D.C.
All candidates should submit the next:
• A canopy letter together with all the next:= curiosity within the particular place,= grade stage on the time of internship,=availability:▪ first and final day/date out there to work▪ most variety of hours per week out there to work▪ days of the week out there to work▪ affirmation of the power to work remotely and in individual in downtown Washington, D.C.▪ skill to offer proof of Covid-19 vaccination
• A present resume
• A writing pattern (between 2–5-pages), on a associated coverage space, if doable.
Purposes will solely be thought-about for candidates who can work the complete 18 weeks and the minimal variety of hours per week. Purposes must be submitted through Handshake or e mail to:
The deadline to use is November 30, 2022. Late or incomplete purposes or cowl letters is not going to beaccepted. No phone calls, solely candidates for interviews wi6ll be contacted.
For extra data, please click on right here